How do I claim or reject pending publications in my Symplectic Elements UVA Faculty Profile?
Your UVa Faculty Profile in the Symplectic Elements system collects citation information from PubMed and Web of Science that match your Search Settings (typically Author Name and Institution). These will be placed in the ‘Pending’ section of your publications to await your approval.
2. If you are an administrative assistant with UVA Profiles privileges for your Department, click on the Impersonate button at the very top of your screen. You should see a list of your faculty. Click on the name to edit his or her profile.
3. You will now be on the Home page of the faculty profile.
4. To view and claim or reject the pending publications, click on the 'Claim publications' button in the middle of the screen. If you don't see this message, there are no new publications waiting for you to claim or reject.
5. Review each publication in your list: you can click on the title of the publication to see the full record. On this full screen you can 1) click on the rotunda symbol to get more author information:
or, 2) you can click on the Author URL to get to the database (e.g. PubMed), or the DOI to get to the full article:
6. Once you have reviewed the publication and determined whether it is yours or not, click back to return to the publications page.
7. Click on the Claim as mine or Reject (Not mine) buttons for each publication (see below):