ILLiad services are available to patrons affiliated with the UVa Health System.
The Health Sciences Library subsidizes the cost of retrieving materials not owned by UVA that support the educational, patient care, and research missions of the Health System. Use ILLiad, the Library's electronic document delivery system, to request an interlibrary loan of books, journal articles, or other resources not owned by UVa libraries, and to request PDF copies of materials from HSL's print collections.
ILLiad speeds up the processing of requests, allows you to track the status of requests, and provides for electronic delivery of articles.
1. Though the ILLiad form can be filled in manually, for articles found in PubMed, there is a shortcut that automatically fills the form with citation information.
2. To take advantage of this workaround: a. Search the HSL instance of PubMed via this link for the article by copying and pasting the entire citation, PMID, or in some cases just the title.
3. When you find the article of interest, click on the Find@UVA button from the PubMed view of that single article.
4. If the article is available online through our subscriptions, the next screen will display a Full Text Online button to retrieve the PDF. If the article is not available online, you’ll see a message “Sorry, this item is not available online. Please use options below to get it”.
5. Click on the link for Claude Moore Health Sciences Library Interlibrary Loan.
6. Click through to login via Netbadge and you’ll be taken to our Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) form to request an article. All the article details (e.g. Author, Title) will be entered into the form:
7. Click Submit Request at the bottom to request the article. You will get an email when the article has been received and is ready for download (typically in a few days)