• Import citations from databases, catalogs, PDFs. etc.
• Store and organize references in either desktop or online account
• Add notes or annotate your citations
• Create bibliographies and in-text citations in citation styles
• Share your digital library and collaborate with colleagues
With so many different types of reference management tools, how do you decide which one is right for you? Below you will find a comparison between several citation management tools. If you have any questions about using these tools, which one to use for your project, or how to get access, please contact us via the Ask Us service.
Please Note: UVa's RefWorks subscription expires on August 31, 2019. It is no longer possible to create new RefWorks accounts as of 2/25/19. Existing accounts will remain accessible until the end of the subscription, but no longer (individual subscriptions are not available).
You should begin planning to export your citations to another citation manager. Library staff are available to answer your questions about transitioning to any of the recommended alternatives below. Please contact us via the Ask Us service link at left.